Hey everybody and welcome to my NASM study hub. The page includes a NASM practice test (with answer key!), NASM study guide, NASM flashcards, and a must-watch video that talks about the top 10 secrets to passing the NASM CPT. I recommend that you bookmark this page.
If you have not signed up for NASM CPT, sign up here to save 25% with my personal code PTP25.
Get your copy of the NASM CPT exam cheat sheet. It helps immensely for studying for the exam.
Make sure to check out Trainer Academy for premium NASM CPT study materials. They will reduce study time by 50% and have an exam pass guarantee. Read my full review on them here. You can save $100 on their MVP study system with the code: PTPSUB
Intro to the NASM CPT Study Materials
My Bitmoji counterpart will be walking you through the NASM CPT study guide to make sure that you are on track for passing the NASM CPT exam. Say hello to Tyler-Moji.
If you are undecided on which personal trainer certification to choose, I suggest you take the quiz to find out which Cert is the best fit for you.
This study guide covers the most recent volumes of the textbook: NASM Essentials of Personal Fitness Training 7th Edition and 6th Edition.
This page contains links to the study guide for each chapter in the NASM textbook, a NASM practice test as well as a full NASM flashcards bundle.
On top of this, each individual chapter has it’s own practice quiz and its own NASM flashcard study bundle for that particular chapter. Let’s get studying! 🤓
Top 10 secrets for passing the NASM CPT Exam (Video)
FREE NASM CPT Study Guide: 7th and 6th Edition 2021
There are two current valid versions to use for studying. The newest edition is the 7th in 2021.
This is the one you are using if you are logged on to the NASM study portal. The 6th edition, while dated, is still valid for use with the exam.
We have separate guides, so make sure to choose the one that coincides with your book.
NASM 7th Edition CPT Study Guide
- Chapter 1: The Modern State of Health and Fitness
- Chapter 2: The Personal Training Profession
- Chapter 3: Psychology of Exercise
- Chapter 4: Behavioral Coaching
- Chapter 5: The Nervous, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems
- Chapter 6: The Cardiorespiratory, Endocrine, and Digestive Systems
- Chapter 7: Human Movement Science
- Chapter 8: Exercise Metabolism and Bioenergetics
- Chapter 9: Nutrition
- Chapter 10: Supplementation
- Chapter 11: Health, Wellness, and Fitness Assessments
- Chapter 12: Posture, Movement, and Performance Assessments
- Chapter 13: Integrated Training and the OPT Model
- Chapter 14: Flexibility Training Concepts
- Chapter 15: Cardiorespiratory Training Concepts
- Chapter 16: Core Training Concepts
- Chapter 17: Balance Training Concepts
- Chapter 18: Plyometric (Reactive) Training Concepts
- Chapter 19: Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training Concepts
- Chapter 20: Resistance Training Concepts
- Chapter 21: The Optimum Performance Training Model
- Chapter 22: Introduction to Exercise Modalities
- Chapter 23: Chronic Health Conditions and Special Populations
NASM 6th Edition Study Guide
- Chapter 1: The Scientific Rationale for Integrated Training
- Chapter 2: The Basics of Exercise Science
- Chapter 3: The Cardiorespiratory System
- Chapter 4: Exercise metabolism and bioenergetics
- Chapter 5: Human movement science
- Chapter 6: Fitness assessment
- Chapter 7: Flexibility training concepts
- Chapter 8: Cardiorespiratory fitness training
- Chapter 9: Core training concepts
- Chapter 10: Balance training concepts
- Chapter 11: Plyometric (reactive) training concepts
- Chapter 12: Speed, Agility, and Quickness training
- Chapter 13: Assessments, Training concepts, and Program design
- Chapter 14: Integrated program design and the optimum performance training model (OPT)
- Chapter 15: Introduction to exercise modalities
- Chapter 16: Chronic health conditions and physical or functional limitations
- Chapter 17: Nutrition
- Chapter 18: Supplementation
- Chapter 19: Lifestyle modification and behavioral coaching
- Chapter 20: Developing a successful personal training business
FREE NASM Practice Test: 7th Edition 2021
This test is formatted the same way as the real test, with the questions (and their relative % on the test) coming from the following sections.
The Sixth Edition is broken up in this order:
- Domain 1: Basic and applied sciences in nutritional concepts (15%)
- Domain 2: Assessment (16%)
- Domain 3: Program design (20%)
- Domain 4: Exercise technique and training instruction (24%)
- Domain 5: Client relations in behavioral coaching (15%)
- Domain 6: Professional development and responsibility (10%)
The Seventh Edition is broken up in this order:
- Domain 1: Professional development and responsibility (10%)
- Domain 2: Client relations in behavioral coaching (15%)
- Domain 3: Basic and applied sciences in nutritional concepts (15%)
- Domain 4: Assessment (16%)
- Domain 5: Exercise technique and training instruction (24%)
- Domain 6: Program design (20%)