Hey everyone and welcome to my ACE CPT study hub. This page includes a FREE ACE study guide (for the 5th Ed and new 6th edition textbook), ACE practice test (and answer key!), ACE CPT flashcards and a must-watch video that talks about the top 10 secrets to passing the ACE CPT. I recommend that you bookmark this page.
If you have not yet signed up for the ACE CPT certification, receive a big discount here.
Get your copy of the ACE CPT exam cheat sheet. It helps immensely for studying for the exam.
Make sure to check out Trainer Academy for premium ACE CPT study materials. They will reduce study time by 50% and have an exam pass guarantee. Read my full review on them here. You can save $100 on their MVP study system with the code: PTPSUB
My Bitmoji counterpart will be walking you through the ACE CPT study guide to make sure that you are on track for passing the ACE exam. Say hello to Tyler-Moji.
ACE CPT Study Material Intro
I guarantee that you will be spending a lot of time on this page as you prepare for the American Council on Exercise test. If you have not done so yet, sign up for the ACE CPT here and save $100 off your purchase.
If you are undecided on which personal trainer certification to choose, I suggest you take the quiz to find out which Cert is the best fit for you.
This ACE study guide, practice test in flashcards cover the most recent American Council on Exercise personal trainer manual, fifth edition and is updated for 2021.
On top of covering each chapter of the textbook in my study guide, I also have individual ACE quizzes as well as ACE flashcards for each chapter! I also have an extensive NASM study guide/practice test as well! Let’s get started, shall we?
Top 10 secrets for passing the ACE CPT Exam
FREE ACE Study Guide: 6th Edition 2021
- Chapter 1: Role and Scope of Practice for Personal Trainers
- Chapter 2: The ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model
- Chapter 3: Basics of Behavior Change
- Chapter 4: Effective Communication, Goal Setting, and Teaching Techniques
- Chapter 5: Preparticipation Health Screening
- Chapter 6: Nutrition for Health and Fitness
- Chapter 7: Resting Assessments and Anthropometric Measurements
- Chapter 8: Cardiorespiratory Training: Physiology, Assessments, and Programming
- Chapter 9: Muscular Training: Foundations and Benefits
- Chapter 10: Muscular Training: Assessments
- Chapter 11: Integrated Exercise Programming: From Evidence to Practice
- Chapter 12: Considerations for Clients with Obesity
- Chapter 13: Considerations for Clients with Chronic Disease
- Chapter 14: Exercise Considerations across the Lifespan
- Chapter 15: Considerations for Clients with Musculoskeletal Issues
- Chapter 16: Legal Guidelines and Business Considerations
FREE ACE Study Guide: 5th Edition
- ACE Chapter 1: Role and scope of practice for the personal trainer
- ACE Chapter 2: Principles of adherence and motivation
- ACE Chapter 3: Communication and teaching techniques
- ACE Chapter 4: Basics of behavior change and health psychology
- ACE Chapter 5: Introduction to the ACE integrated fitness training model
- ACE Chapter 6: Building rapport and the initial investigation stage
- ACE Chapter 7: Functional assessments: Posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- ACE Chapter 8: Psychological assessments
- ACE Chapter 9: Functional programming for stability-mobility and movement
- ACE Chapter 10: Resistance training: programming and progressions
- ACE Chapter 11: Cardiorespiratory training: Programming and progressions
- ACE Chapter 12: The ACE integrated fitness training model in practice
- ACE Chapter 13: Mind-body exercise
- ACE Chapter 14: Exercise and special populations
- ACE Chapter 15: Common musculoskeletal injuries and implications for exercise
- ACE Chapter 16: Emergency procedures
- ACE Chapter 17: Legal guidelines and professional responsibilities
- ACE Chapter 18: Personal training business fundamentals
FREE ACE Practice Test: 5th edition 2021
This ACE fitness practice test is broken down in the exact same way as the real exam. Here is how the ACE practice exam is broken down:
- Domain I: Interviews and Assessments – 23% of the test
- Domain II: Program design and implementation – 31% of the test
- Domain III: Program modification and progression – 26% of the test
- Domain IV: Professional conduct, safety, and risk management – 20% of the test