Hey ladies and gentlemen and welcome to my FREE ACE study guide, ACE practice test, and ACE CPT flashcards! I guarantee that you will be spending a lot of time on this page as you prepare for the American Council on Exercise test. If you have not done so yet, sign up for the ACE CPT here and save $100 off your purchase.
Also, Check out my ACE Prime study materials if you want to cut your study time in half and have an exam pass guarantee.
If you have any questions or concerns about the ACE test or studying for it, drop me a comment here and I will get back to you within 24 hours.
I highly suggest you bookmark/star this page now in your browser, or you will be extremely mad at yourself if you can’t find it again. Or, another memory trick is to remember that my site PTPpioneer.com also stands for: “Personal Trainer” Pioneer or even “Pass Test” Pioneer. Because, you know, I help people pass their personal training tests! 💪 Leave me a comment at the bottom if you have any questions!
- ACE study guide for the 5th edition textbook 2019 (all 18 chapters)
- ACE practice test for 2019
- ACE flashcard study bundle (a mix from all 18 chapters)
- ACE study advice
This ACE study guide, practice test in flashcards cover the most recent American Council on Exercise personal trainer manual, fifth edition and is updated for 2019.
On top of covering each chapter of the textbook in my study guide, I also have individual ACE quizzes as well as ACE flashcards for each chapter! I also have an extensive NASM study guide/practice test as well! Let’s get started, shall we?
FREE ACE study guide: 5th edition 2019
- ACE study guide chapter 1: Role and scope of practice for the personal trainer
- ACE study guide chapter 2: Principles of adherence and motivation
- ACE study guide chapter 3: Communication and teaching techniques
- ACE study guide chapter 4: Basics of behavior change and health psychology
- ACE study guide chapter 5: Introduction to the ACE integrated fitness training model
- ACE study guide chapter 6: Building rapport and the initial investigation stage
- ACE study guide chapter 7: Functional assessments: Posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- ACE study guide chapter 8: Psychological assessments
- ACE study guide chapter 9: Functional programming for stability-mobility and movement
- ACE study guide chapter 10: Resistance training: programming and progressions
- ACE study guide chapter 11: Cardiorespiratory training: Programming and progressions
- ACE study guide chapter 12: The ACE integrated fitness training model in practice
- ACE study guide chapter 13: Mind-body exercise
- ACE study guide chapter 14: Exercise and special populations
- ACE study guide chapter 15: Common musculoskeletal injuries and implications for exercise
- ACE study guide chapter 16: Emergency procedures
- ACE study guide chapter 17: Legal guidelines and professional responsibilities
- ACE study guide chapter 18: Personal training business fundamentals
FREE ACE practice test: 5th edition 2019
Hey everybody and welcome to the ACE practice test. If you are a new visitor to the site, I recommend you take this practice test to get an overall idea of where you are with your knowledge on personal training. Then I recommend going through the full study guide above and then coming back to it to see how you improve.
This ACE fitness practice test has exactly 50 questions (one-third of the full ACE test) and is broken down in the exact same way of the full exam. Here is how the ACE practice exam is broken down:
- Domain I: Interviews and Assessments – 23% of the test (12 Q’s)(about 29 questions on the full test)
- Domain II: Program design and implementation – 31% of the test (15 Q’s)(about 39 questions on the full test)
- Domain III: Program modification and progression – 26% of the test (13 Q’s)(About 32 questions on the full test)
- Domain IV: Professional conduct, safety, and risk management – 20% of the test (10 Q’s)(about 25 questions on the full test)
ACE CPT Flashcards (every chapter)
This ACE flashcard deck contains 100 terms that are mixed together from all 18 chapters of the study guide above. Just like the practice exam, I recommend checking out the flashcards first, and then come back to them after you have finished the study guide to see how much you have learned.
ACE CPT study advice!
The ACE study guide on my website is designed to go along with the fifth addition ACE textbook. It is not a one-stop shop. In fact, I reference a lot of different tables and charts in the book that are extremely important to memorize and learn. This study guide is meant to guide you in the proper direction on what to study because the textbook is so massive.
Here is how I recommend you use the study materials on my site:
- The first thing is to take the ACE personal trainer practice test to see your current level of knowledge on the ACE CPT material.
- Then, you should study along with the free ACE personal trainer study guide as you go through the textbook.
- After you finish the ACE personal trainer exam study guide, come back and retake the ACE personal training practice test to see how much better you do.
- Use the ACE flashcards as an additional resource to help cement the material in your head!
- Check out my ACE Prime study materials if you want to cut your study time in half and have an exam pass guarantee.