NSCA CSCS Study Guide
Post 1 of 25
- CSCS Study Guide Home
- CSCS Chapter 1
- CSCS Chapter 2
- CSCS Chapter 3
- CSCS Chapter 4
- CSCS Chapter 5
- CSCS Chapter 6
- CSCS Chapter 7
- CSCS Chapter 8
- CSCS Chapter 9
- CSCS Chapter 10
- CSCS Chapter 11
- CSCS Chapter 12
- CSCS Chapter 13
- CSCS Chapter 14
- CSCS Chapter 15
- CSCS Chapter 16
- CSCS Chapter 17
- CSCS Chapter 18
- CSCS Chapter 19
- CSCS Chapter 20
- CSCS Chapter 21
- CSCS Chapter 22
- CSCS Chapter 23
- CSCS Chapter 24
Hey ladies and gentlemen and welcome to my free CSCS study hub for the NSCA CSCS test. On this page, you will find a free CSCS practice exam (and answer key), A full CSCS study guide and a helpful CSCS flashcard bundle to assist you with your studying. Make sure to bookmark/star this page for future reference.
I also highly suggest checking out Trainer Academy for excellent study materials. The team over there has a great study bundle for the CSCS exam. Overall they will help reduce your study time I have and even offer an exam pass guarantee. I even have a special limited-time discount for my readers on their website. If you want to know more about them, check out my detailed review on Trainer Academy here.
Get the CSCS exam cheat sheet for free here. Courtesy of Trainer Academy.
The menu at the top of this page will answer any question related to personal training that you have. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment here (I’ll respond within 24 hours). Also, visit the home page for the most recent and popular articles.
Post 1 of 25 in the NSCA CSCS Study Guide
My Bitmoji counterpart will be walking you through the CSCS study guide to make sure that you are on track for passing the CSCS exam. Say hello to Tyler-Moji.
If you are still unsure about which strength and conditioning certification to choose, I highly recommend that you Take the quiz to get an estimate on which strength and conditioning certification is the best fit for you overall.
This CSCS Study guide covers all 24 chapters of the essentials of strength training and conditioning fourth edition by Gregory Haff and Travis Triplett. In my CSCS study guide below, you will find 24 separate links that will take you to each individual chapters study guide.
Top 10 Tips To Pass The CSCS Exam (Video)
Top 10 Tips To Pass The CSCS Exam (Podcast)
FREE CSCS Study guide: 4th edition 2021
- Chapter 1: Structure and Function of Body Systems
- Chapter 2: Biomechanics of Resistance Exercise
- Chapter 3: Bioenergetics of Exercise and Training
- Chapter 4: Endocrine Responses to Resistance
- Chapter 5: Adaptations to Anaerobic Training Programs
- Chapter 6: Adaptations to Aerobic Endurance Training Programs
- Chapter 7: Age and Sex-Related Differences and their Implications for Resistance Exercise
- Chapter 8: Psychology of Athletic Preparation and Performance
- Chapter 9: Basic Nutrition Factors in Health
- Chapter 10: Nutrition Strategies for Maximizing Performance
- Chapter 11: Performance-Enhancing Substances and Methods
- Chapter 12: Principles of Test Selection and Administration
- Chapter 13: Administration, Scoring, and Interpretation of Selected Tests
- Chapter 14: Warm-Up and Flexibility Training
- Chapter 15: Exercise Technique for Free Weight and Machine Training
- Chapter 16: Exercise Technique for Alternative Modes and Nontraditional Implement Training
- Chapter 17: Program Design for Resistance Training
- Chapter 18: Program Design and Technique for Plyometric Training
- Chapter 19: Program Design and Technique for Speed and Agility Training
- Chapter 20: Program Design and Technique for Aerobic Endurance Training
- Chapter 21: Periodization
- Chapter 22: Rehabilitation and Reconditioning
- Chapter 23: Facility Design, Layout, and Organization
- Chapter 24: Facility Policies, Procedures, and Legal Issues
FREE CSCS Practice exam for 2021
The CSCS practice test is really broken up into two separate practice tests.
The first CSCS practice test is the Scientific foundations Exam. The scientific foundations exam Consists of questions from the first two domains (out of six total) from the CSCS textbook.
- Domain 1: exercise science (74% of the questions)
- Domain 2: nutrition (26% of the questions)
The second CSCS Practice test is the practical/applied exam. The practical and applied test consists of questions from the four remaining domains of study.
- Domain 3: Exercise technique (35% of the questions)
- Domain 4: Program design (35% of the questions)
- Domain 5: Organization and administration (12% of the questions)
- Domain 6: Testing and evaluation (18% of the questions)
Practice test answer keys below ⬇️ (Don’t Peek Until After!) 🙄
CSCS Flashcards for 2021
CSCS Study tips
The CSCS study guide located on this page is meant to supplement the full 4th edition Of the essentials of strength and conditioning. This is the primary textbook for the CSCS test. S go over some additional study tips and techniques I have for you guys so that you guys can ACE the CSCS exam without any difficulty.
Here are some excellent CSCS study materials/study techniques that I like to use with my students.
CSCS Practice Tests:
In addition to the CSCS practice exams that I have on this page, I also suggest picking up additional practice tests and practice quizzes for each of the individual domains of study in the CSCS (there are four domains). My practice test only has 70 questions in total and I recommend practicing with at least 10 times this amount in order to get fully accustomed to how the CSCS will word their questions .
Practice exams are extremely important because they let you know if you are 100% ready to take the real exam. I have had hundreds of students come to me asking me why they failed the CSCS exam. It turns out that most of them never took one full practice exam. How can you know if you are ready if you have never gotten back from a practice exam? Personally, I recommend checking out the practice exams over at Trainer Academy. Check out my review on Trainer Academy right here.
CSCS Study guide:
Although this study guide here is a great place to start, it really goes over a lot of content and is not organized in the best way possible. This might seem counterintuitive, but the best study guides or the shortest study guides. What I mean is that the best study guides will point out exactly what you need to study in order to pass the exam. My study guide on the other hand, basically goes over everything but does not pinpoint the most important parts to study. I suggest picking up the Trainer Academy CSCS study guide if you want to save the most time while studying for the CSCS.
Spaced repetition flashcards:
The old school way of using flashcards is done. Physically writing down the information on hundreds of flashcards is tedious and time wasting. In addition to this, the flashcards you study after you create them are not Nearly as effective as they could be.
What you need to use is spaced repetition flashcards. This is the flashcards system I have used to learn Spanish as well as study for all of my personal training certifications. It has really worked fantastic for me as well as for all of my students that have tried it.
Spaced repetition flashcards uses an algorithm to learn which flashcards you already know, and which flashcards you have trouble with. The program will continuously show you your difficult cards until you know them well. The cards you already know well will show infrequently. This saves you a ton of time and really drills the difficult concepts until you have mastered them.
The last study tip I have for you for the CSCS exam is to use memorization mnemonics. Using these can really work wonders for difficult to remember topics from the textbook. The key to these is to make an incredibly weird and memorable mnemonic story in your head. Honestly the weirder the story is, the most memorable it will be.
Well, that’s it ladies and gentlemen for all of my CSCS study tips. If you utilize all of these tips that I have given you, I am sure you will have no problem passing the CSCS test. Good luck and get to studying!
Discover All PTP Fitness & Wellness Career Articles
Tick a box from each section to narrow the results.