ISSA Nutrition Study Guide
Post 1 of 22
- ISSA Nutrition (SP) Study Home
- ISSA SN Chapter 1
- ISSA SN Chapter 2
- ISSA SN Chapter 3
- ISSA SN Chapter 4
- ISSA SN Chapter 5
- ISSA SN Chapter 6
- ISSA SN Chapter 7
- ISSA SN Chapter 8
- ISSA SN Chapter 9
- ISSA SN Chapter 10
- ISSA SN Chapter 11
- ISSA SN Chapter 12
- ISSA SN Chapter 13
- ISSA SN Chapter 14
- ISSA SN Chapter 15
- ISSA SN Chapter 16
- ISSA SN Chapter 17
- ISSA SN Chapter 18
- ISSA SN Chapter 19
- ISSA SN Chapter 20
- ISSA SN Chapter 21
Hey everybody and congratulations for putting effort into learning the ISSA nutrition certification. On this page you will find a full study guide that goes over every chapter, a practice test, study flashcards and much more. I also have an awesome video talking about the top 10 things to study to pass the exam. Make sure to star or bookmark this page right now.
Also, if you have yet signed up for the ISSA nutrition certification, my visitors get a special discount through this link. Also, if you are interested in personal training, ISSA offers awesome packages to get their personal training and nutrition certifications for a discounted price when purchased together.
You can easily navigate this study hub using the navigation below. It is also located on the side of each page. Good luck with the studying!
Post 1 of 22 in the ISSA Nutrition Study Guide
Intro to the ISSA Nutrition Study Materials
My Bitmoji counterpart will be walking you through the ISSA nutrition study guide to make sure that you are on track for passing the ISSA nutrition exam. Say hello to Tyler-Moji.
You will need to have either purchased the ISSA nutrition certification to have access to their online portal, or to have purchased the textbook from their website.
Here is a picture of the physical textbook if this is the route you have decided to go.
It is called sports nutrition 5th edition. The book was written by Daniel Dastelu and Frederick Hatfield. It’s important that you have the correct version to follow along exactly with this study guide.
FREE ISSA Nutrition study guide
PART ONE: NUTRIENTS AND ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE FROM A TO Z
- Chapter 1 Sports Nutrition: The Vital Link to Supercharging Athletic Performance
- Chapter 2 Food, Ingredients, and Nutrients: An Overview
- Chapter 3 Carbohydrates: The Ultimate Performance Food
- Chapter 4 Protein and Amino Acids: Muscle Builders and More
- Chapter 5 Lipids and the Athlete: Energy and Growth Factors
- Chapter 6 Water and Oxygen
- Chapter 7 Vitamins
- Chapter 8 Minerals
- Chapter 9 Metabolites and Botanical Supplements
- Chapter 10 Guide to Food and Supplement Product Labeling
- Chapter 11 Label Claims for Conventional Foods and Dietary Supplements
PART TWO: ANATOMY AND METABOLISM DETERMINE NUTRIENT NEEDS
- Chapter 12 Anatomy of an Athlete: Cells, Tissues, and Systems
- Chapter 13 Digestion and Absorption
- Chapter 14 Body Composition
- Chapter 15 Calorie Needs and Metabolism
- Chapter 16 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
PART THREE: FINE TUNING YOUR PERFORMANCE
- Chapter 17 Sports Nutrition Approach Concepts and Examples
- Chapter 18 Fat Loss and Muscle Gain for Athletes
- Chapter 19 Glycogen Loading (Super Compensation)
- Chapter 20 Special Concerns of Athletic Females
- Chapter 21 Putting It All Together: Athletic Performance
ISSA Sports Nutrition Study Tips
ISSA Practice tests
Most of my students come back to me complaining that they failed the exam. I usually ask them, well did you try taking a practice exam before taking the real thing? The answer is typically no, they did not.
Taking a practice exam is very helpful to letting you know whether or not you are ready for the real exam. Don’t take any chances, take a couple practice exams to make sure you have the knowledge to pass the real thing.
ISSA study mnemonics
One of the best ways to memorize harder to understand concepts and definitions is to use mnemonics. These will let you connect a crazy story that you create to what you are trying to memorize.
I suggest trying to make them as crazy as possible by using aliens, weird animals, fantasy characters etc.
The stranger you can make it, the stronger the connection is to being able to memorize it.
ISSA spaced repetition flashcards
I’m sure you have heard of the good old fashion flashcards strategy for memorizing terminology. But, I bet you have not heard of spaced repetition flashcards.
Basically, they work the same way as normal flashcards. They have one definition on one side and the answer on the other.
The biggest difference comes when you understand the order that these flashcards are shown to you.
With spaced repetition flashcards, you are studying on a program that can learn which cards are easy for you in which cards are more difficult.
It will then show you what you are more difficult cards with more frequency until you get better at them. your easy cards will not be shown to you that often because you already have the memorized.
This saves a ton of time overall.
Discover All PTP Fitness & Wellness Career Articles
Tick a box from each section to narrow the results.