I recommend checking out the team over at Trainer Academy. They produce the best ACE study materials, will reduce your study time by 50% and even provided an exam pass guarantee. To learn more about them, check out my full Trainer Academy review here.
ACE study guide, ACE practice test/quiz and ACE flashcards for chapter 1.
The benefits of exercising
- An overall lowered risk of diseases for all age ranges.
- Getting at least 150 minutes of exercise per week (at moderate intensity) to receive these benefits.
Health and fitness professionals
- Credentialed individuals that are trained to prevent, identify and treat disorders and diseases.
- These include nurses, physicians, alternative healthcare, coaches, trainers, instructors, nutritionists, and rehabilitation professionals.
The scope of practice for a personal trainer
What a personal trainer can and cannot do (referred to tables 1-2 as well as 1-3 in manual)
What they cannot do: Personal trainers are not allowed to prescribe, diagnose or treat diseases. We are also not able to prescribe diets, counsel or rehabilitate clients.
Personal training referral network
- Smoking cessation groups and programs
- Mind and body instructors
- Various support groups
- Massage therapists
- Aquatic exercise programs
- Choose my plate for nutrition and supplements
- Dietary guidelines for nutrition and supplements
Improving your value as a personal trainer
- Consistently improving your education through continuing education
- Working on more advanced knowledge, specializations
- Pursuing a degree in exercise science or kinesiology
- Obtaining additional certifications
- Other areas of knowledge in the Allied healthcare realm
If you want additional study materials, check out the team over at Trainer Academy. They have incredible study materials for ACE And I have a special limited-time discount for my readers. I also suggest you check out my review on Trainer Academy here.