Hey guys and welcome to my article on “how does Shakeology work?”. If you guys have read any of my other articles from my website you should know that I am an avid user of Shakeology in order to see the results that I would like, as quickly as I possibly can. I’m not going to bash on any diet or eating whole foods. Whole foods should be the staple of any diet plan. This is simply a supplement/meal replacement to help you along the way. If you have ever wondered how does Shakeology work, this article should answer all of your questions. Let’s get right into it! Also I recommend checking out my full review on shakeology here.
For those of you who do not know, what is Shakeology?
Shakeology is a weight loss supplement or meal replacement drink from the company beach body. It is meant to be used to replace one meal per day out of the five or six meals you should be having each day. Shakeology contains approximately 70 the ingredients with 23 minerals and vitamins.
Overall the drink has 17 g of protein mostly from isolated whey protein. It also includes Chia, flax seeds, quinoa, peas, brown rice and amaranth. If you happen to be lactose intolerance, there is a vegan option as well. Besides the protein sources there are tons of other super foods blended into the Shakeology drink that I will go over down below.
Shakeology is ususually recommended to be used with a good workout program. The programs from beachbody were all created to be used along side shakeology. Some of the programs that I recommend are The 21 day fix, P90x, Insanity, Max 30, T25 or Cize. These are just a few of them! In fact, the cheapest way to get shakeology is to pair it with a workout program in what is called a challenge pack. Or get beachbody on demand challenge pack, then you can choose from any of the programs on demand. There is always the option to get it on it’s own without a challenge pack as well.
So how does Shakeology work in your body?
There are five primary ways that Shakeology works to help you lose weight and feel amazing. Let’s go over all four of these individually.
- Shakeology contains Phytoonutrients and antioxidants: These ingredients are plants sourced and have shown to help fight free radicals within your body. These will help prevent conditions of degeneration and boost your energy overall. These are also extremely anti-inflammatory and help to alkaline your body. This helps detox the kidneys, liver and blood in order to bring back your vitality.
- Shakeology contains Adaptogens: These adaptogens contain a nutrients that are highly concentrated they can help your body build a strong immune system, boost your energy and reduce stress in your body.
- Shakeology contains probiotics, prebiotic’s and digestive enzymes: You may be consuming a lot of healthy nutrients and vitamins, but if you cannot digest and absorb those nutrients, what is the point? Of these digestive enzymes and probiotics will help break down all of the food that you eat into the essential nutrients that your body needs. Your body will actually be able to absorb all the nutrients for the first time in your life. These will help boost your immune system and give you regular bathroom experiences haha.
- Shakeology contains protein: Shakeology helps reduce food cravings because of the complete proteins that it contains. Protein is very satiating and you don’t need that much to feel full. It also helps repair and build muscle, maintain a level of blood sugar level, promotes healthy hair and skin as well as boost your immune system.
- Shakeology contains lots of vitamins and minerals: You are expected to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals from the food you eat. The only problem is that most of us do not eat the right foods that contain the essential vitamins and minerals. Or we simply don’t get enough vegetables and fruits in everyday. These will help your immune system, brain function and bring you out of any deficiency that you may have.
What additional ingredients are in Shakeology?
Here I will list some of the ingredients in Shakeology so that you can see where they come from.
- Wild grasses – Canada and the United States
- Camu-Camu – South American rain forest
- Stevia – Central America and South America
- Maca – The Peruvian Andes
- Maca Root – Peru
- Acerola – Northeastern Brazil
- Chia seeds – Mexico
- Vanilla beans – Madagascar
- Papain – Costa Rica
- GoJi Berries, Ginko, barley grass – China
- Quinoa seeds – In Bolivia
These are just some of the ingredients, but the great thing about Shakeology is that the quality of these ingredients is top-notch. In fact all of the ingredients in Shakeology are tested for bio availability before the products are mixed together. After they are mixed together, they are tested again to see if they maintained that bioavailability. Overall, the creators of Shakeology are trying very hard to have the highest quality product that they possibly can.
Is weight loss easier with Shakeology?
A short answer to this question is simply, yes, weight loss can be easier with Shakeology. The biggest reason for me is that it suppresses my appetite. I tried to eat five or six meals a day and by adding Shakeology as one of them helps curb my appetite. While trying to lose weight I try to be in a 500 cal deficit every day. By using Shakeology as one of my meals, I’m only consuming approximately 150 cal for that meal. It makes it a lot easier to reach my goal and I don’t feel like I’m starving myself. The abundance of vitamins and minerals as well as the fact that I am digesting and absorbing more of the food that I ate from my other meals, makes my body feel content with the amount of food I have consumed. It is great because I do not crave food all the time and I am able to still lose weight.
I have currently been doing to P90x3 routine while taking Shakology once a day. It has been doing really well for me so far!
Some statistics on how people feel after using Shakeology
This is from a recent poll of approximately 2800 users of Shakeology. The primary goal was to see if Shakeology actually works. They were asked questions about what they experienced after and before using Shakeology. Here are some of the results.
- 82% said that they had experienced better digestion (This is taken from the fact that 874 of the users reported concerns with their digestion).
- 81% of Shakeology users said that their cravings for fast food/junk food was reduced.
- 81% said that although Shakeology only contains 150 cal, they felt satiated until the next time they needed to eat.
- 86% said that they felt an increase in energy after starting Shakeology.
- 72% said it was easier for them to lose weight while using Shakeology.
- 93% reported that they felt healthier overall since they began using Shakeology.
Conclusion on how does Shakeology work
I hope you guys enjoyed my article on how does shakeology work! Shakeology has really helped me in my fitness efforts since I began using it. I have also seen a lot of my clients of personal training make great strides towards their goals as well. Overall it is much better than just an appetite suppressant due to the fact that it has so many vitamins and minerals as well as digestive support and so many other things. If you have been wondering whether or not Shakeology is worth it, I would not wait any longer and take the plunge!
Like I said before, I recommend getting shakeology with a program, but if you already have a good program that you are doing, here is the link to shakeology!
Here are some tips to make sure you are are successful:
- Purchase it with a challenge pack. The clients of mine that go through a good program with shakeology see significantly better results than those who don’t.
- Make sure to sign up with me Tyler Read as your coach (and certified personal trainer) otherwise you will get assigned a random coach that is probably not as qualified, and might not even contact you. My coach ID is 1339221. I will help you on your reach your goals and provide great motivation!
- Get beach body on demand instead of DVD packages. If I had this when I first started using P90x it would’ve saved me so much money overall over the last 12 years. No more worrying about scratched DVDs or bringing DVDs with you. Also, most people don’t know which program to start out with (and frequently choose the wrong one), You have access to all of them with beachbody on demand! You have to purchase the equipment for the program separately.
Like I tell all of my other clients of personal training, the hardest thing about exercise and diet is is simply getting started! Once you get going it is a lot easier build momentum and reach your goals! Your results will keep you motivated! The worst thing to do is freeze up and not choose a workout routine or diet. Get Started today so that you can start seeing the results that you desire tomorrow!
If you are not quite sure which program to choose, check out some of my comparison articles like: P90X vs Insanity, 21 day fix vs extreme, Insanity vs max 30, 21 day fix vs PiYo or Insanity max 30 vs p90x3! Enjoy!
Let me know what you guys thought of my article on how does shakeology work!
Tyler Read has a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. Tyler is also a certified personal trainer with NASM, ACE and CSCS. Tyler’s main goal is to help people get started in the personal training industry and to become successful personal trainers. Tyler is the owner of Personal Training Pioneer which helps people get started in the personal training industry and become successful.