Hey guys and welcome to my Body Beast review by the company beach body. This at-home workout program is a lot different than the majority that are released by beach body (the company of P90x or Insanity). This series is directed a little bit towards men, although women can obviously do it. I encourage both sexes to consider this program because building muscle is one of the most important factors to building a strong metabolism and losing body fat.
The reason it is different than most of the other beach body products is because it focuses on building muscle in comparison to losing body fat which the majority of at home workouts focus on. If you are looking to pack on some mass to look good, get stronger or for sports, this program might be the one for you.
A little bit about myself: I am a certified personal trainer through NASM, hold a bachelors degree in exercise science and am an active beach body coach! My biggest passion is fitness and helping those around me achieve their health and fitness goals as well.
So what is Body Beast? Does Body Beast work? Is Body Beast worth it? I will try to answer all of these questions in my Body Beast review. I will go over all of the basic information on the program as well as the Body Beast results that you can expect. I have so much to talk about in this article so was not waste any time and get right into my Body Beast review!
What is Body Beast?
Body beast is a 90 day program that is led by Sagi Kalev. Sagi is a two-time Mr. Israel bodybuilding champion as well as successful fitness model in the United States. I think he is an excellent leader of the program is very enthusiastic and has a great physique to motivate you as well. You can get a preview of the body beast program by checking out the workout calendar here on my site!
In terms of the overall structure of the program, it is broken down into three different sections. Each section will last one month and they are as follows: the build mode, the bulk mode, and the beast mode. The biggest problem I have is with the last month of the program. It is designed to help you burn Body fat while maintaining muscle mass that you have gained in the first two months. I think they should just have one more month of adding muscle, because it takes more than two months to build a significant amount of muscle from my experience. All of the other programs are for helping you lose body fat, and I think they should’ve stuck with three full months of building muscle.
But overall I thought the exercise selection for the program is very diverse. You will be able to hit every body part in order to sufficiently be able to stimulate your body to grow. What I like is that they stick to the basic compound exercises such as squats, dead lifts and a variety of pressing movements. As a beginner, you will see the biggest growth from these basic compound movements.
There are you packages to choose from with body beast. I’m going to go over each of them one by one. Click on the link to find out more information.
- Here are the links to buy all of the bodybeast packages on amazon.com, but remember that I will not become your personal coach compared to if you bought it from the beachbody site using my coach ID! Amazon is a great place to read ton of reviews though.
- The base package comes with the 11 workouts (with one additional workout), the body beast eating plan, a 90 day training schedule, the book of beast, 24 hour online support, a body beast mobile app and a 90 day money back guarantee.
- The body beast deluxe package includes everything that the basic kit did with the addition of a one-month supply of beach body performance (pre-workout supplement) and one additional workout called tempo.
- The body beast ultimate package includes everything that the deluxe package did with the addition of a one-month supply of beach body performance recovery (post workout drink).
- The body beast challenge pack combines shakeology nutrition with the routine (recommended for best results).
As of 2016 my overall recommendation is to get beachbody on demand challenge pack and get the equipment for the program you would like separately. If you decide that body beast is right for you, use one of the links above to make me (a personal trainer) your personal beach body coach. Or if you decide to wait until later, you can still make me Tyler Read your coach by using my Coach ID number:1339221 when you sign up for a free account. Otherwise you will be assigned a random coach that is probably less qualified and might not even contact you. I will make sure that you are successful!
The Body Beast training routines split
The Body Beast system is designed around a five day split training routine. If you are not familiar what this means, it means that different body parts are trained on different days for a total of five days per week. The body beast training split goes like this: Chest, legs, arms, back and finally shoulders for the fifth day. I think this is a fantastic split especially if you are new to trying to pack on mass. It is a common misconception for newcomers to try to work out every body part twice a week. This is too much stimulation for somebody just starting out and you will actually see less gains than this five day split.
The equipment that you will need for body beast
Compared to the majority of other beach body products out there, you need more equipment for this program. This makes sense because you need heavier weights in order to stimulate the muscle groups more. Calisthenics (or body weight workouts) can only do so much to stimulate your body to grow. The body beast program tries as hard as it can to simulate a full gym experience with the least amount of equipment. All of these will need to be purchased separately from the body beast DVD workout program.
Here is all of the equipment you will need
- A set of dumbbells (either preset dumbbells or adjustable dumbbells)
- Barbells (or a barbell where you can have weights to each end to adjust)
- EZ curl bar (just a different type of barbell)
- Weight plates (to add to your dumbbells or barbells)
- An adjustable bench (for a variety of different exercises)
Honestly this might run you a good amount of money, but I think all of these are extremely worth it for building the physique that you desire. The cheapest way to go about this is just to get the adjustable bench and adjustable dumbbells. You can skip the barbells for now and you will be able to do everything in the program just fine.
The Body Beast Nutrition Plan
Just like the majority of other beach body products, they start by measuring your basal metabolic rate. They will give you a formula to do this. But unlike the other beach body products that are focused on weight loss, you will be trying to consume the 500 cal more than your metabolic rate each day. This should result in a 1 pound a week gain and body weight.
They make you eat very clean during this program. There is a lot of potatoes, meats and protein shakes to help you increase your calories consumed for the day. I like that they provide you with some basic recipes to help you along your way. I found them pretty tasty as well which is always a good thing. For the most part it is similar to the food suggestions for the weight loss programs by beach body, although this time you just need more of it so that you are in the surplus.
Body beast is meant to work extremely well with shakeology nutrition. Combining both of these together is called “taking a challenge pack” and it is what I recommend to see the best results with the program. If you do not know what shakeology is, check out my review on it here or my article on how it works right here.
Does Body Beast work? Beach body results!
You will definitely see results from the body beast program. It really comes down to how advanced you are when it comes to workouts. Have you lifted a lot of weights in your past? If you are a complete beginner and have never tried to pack on muscle before, this is a fantastic program for you to start on in my opinion. On the other hand if you are a seasoned veteran or have been a member to a full-fledged gym for a while, you might not see the results that you are looking for due to the fact that you are limited in the amount of equipment, weights and exercises that you can do. But if this is your first rodeo, I highly suggest doing this because you will see sufficient results from the three-month program.
I think one of the biggest reasons that the body beast program works is because of their use of high-intensity techniques such as supersets, giant sets, drop sets and forced repetitions. These are all words to describe increasing the intensity of an exercise. I think the rep ranges are perfect for muscle growth or hypertrophy. You can expect to put on approximately 10 pounds of weight (the majority being muscle) by following the body beast program. So yes, does body beast work? Absolutely, you just need to follow the program as close as you possibly can and you will see good results.
Body Beast Calories burned
Compared to the other beach body products such as 21 day fix, T25 or master and hammer, you do not burn as many calories doing Body beast. And that is the whole point. You do not want to be wasting excess calories while trying to gain weight and build muscle mass. The programs are not focused on cardiovascular health, but more of heavy weight training to stimulate your muscles.
The only reason I have a calories burned section is because I do that with all of my reviews of at-home workout products. If I were to guess, I would say about half as many calories are burned in the same amount of time compared to other cardiovascular intense home workouts. In a half an hour you might burn around 150 cal as opposed to 300. Remember, this is a good thing, you don’t want to be burning excess calories, otherwise you will need to eat more to make up for it.
Is Body Beast worth it?
Overall I think body beast is well worth it. Is as good as a traditional gym, no. But if you have a membership to a traditional gym you would also need to hire a personal trainer in less you are already knowledgeable about exercises, form and how to build muscle. But if that is the case, you probably would not be reading this article in the first place. If this is your first time trying to build muscle mass, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn a ton about it. It is almost like having your own personal trainer in your living room. You will be taught about exercise form, reps, sets and how to stimulate the muscles to actually grow. I think this provides a fantastic value to a lot of beginners. After you have completed the three months and you feel confident with what you know, you might want to upgrade to a gym membership in order to access heavier weights in a wide variety of exercise selection! But for now I highly suggest starting with this!
Body Beast review conclusion, and the Body Beast price
I think this is one of the better at home programs that uses the minimal amount of equipment in order to build size. If you enjoy in home workouts, you should be able to see good results from body beast. Especially if you are in ectomorph and would like to build body mass, there is no other at-home product like Body Beast. If you think that Body Beast is right for you, make sure to sign up with me (Tyler Read) as your coach. My coach ID number is: 1339221. Let’s take a look at the insanity asylum price options.
- The Body Beast base kit costs $39.90 (Check out the current information and price here)
- The Body Beast deluxe kit costs $89.95 (Check out the current information and price here)
- The Body Beast ultimate kit costs $149.85 (Check out the current information and price here)
- The Body Beast challenge package costs $140 (Check out the current information and price here)
Like I tell all of my other clients of personal training, the hardest thing about exercise is is simply getting started! Once you get going it is a lot easier build momentum and reach your goals! Your results will keep you motivated! The worst thing to do is freeze up and not choose a routine. Get Started today so that you can start seeing the results that you desire tomorrow!
The biggest four tips in order to be successful with Body Beast program!
- Purchase either program with a challenge pack. The clients of mine that go through either program on shakeology see significantly better results than those who don’t.
- Get beach body on demand instead of DVD packages. If I had this when I first started using P90x it would’ve saved me so much money overall over the last 12 years. No more worrying about scratched DVDs or bringing DVDs with you. Also, most people don’t know which program to start out with (and frequently choose the wrong one), You have access to all of them with beachbody on demand! You have to purchase the equipment for the program separately.
- If you want to wait before you purchase Body Beast, at least sign up for a free team beach body membership so that you can get community support, schedule and a lot your workouts as well as track your progress. You will still get all of the benefits of having your own personal coach for free! Make sure to sign up with me Tyler Read as your coach (and certified personal trainer) otherwise you will get assigned a random coach that is probably not as qualified, and might not even contact you. My coach ID is 1339221. I will help you on your reach your goals and provide great motivation! Here is a link to the free account.
Thanks for checking out my body beast review! Now out there and get your beast mode on!
Also if you found my body beast review helpful you might also like some of my comparison articles such as: P90X vs P90X3, Body beast vs Hammer and chisel, Body beast vs Insanity, P90X vs Insanity or FOCUS T25 vs INSANITY! Enjoy 🙂
Tyler Read has a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. Tyler is also a certified personal trainer with NASM, ACE and CSCS. Tyler’s main goal is to help people get started in the personal training industry and to become successful personal trainers. Tyler is the owner of Personal Training Pioneer which helps people get started in the personal training industry and become successful.