Hey guys and gals and welcome to my PiYo schedule (workout calendar) article. In this article I will be going over the popular new PiYo workout program so that you can see what the workouts are like and how the schedule flows week to week. The custom excel calendar is located below the first image on this page. This is a fantastic product from beach body that combines yoga and Pilates together into a fat burning program. If you want to learn more about the PiYo program I suggest reading my full review on it here. The instructor for the program is Chalene Johnson. Overall this is a good option for anybody just getting started with exercise as it is lower intensity compared to some other programs like P90x or Insanity.
If you are currently unsatisfied with your beach body coach you can change beachbody coaches here to my team mind over matter! I have tons of tips and tricks as well as challenge groups for you to join for accountability! If you do not yet have a team beachbody account you can create one completely free here.
There are two calendars you can follow. The first is the basic PiYo calendar and the second one is the strength PiYo calendar. Both programs work all areas of your body and generally focus on one part at a time such as one day for upper body, and another for lower body. If you decide that PiYo is the right program for you, make sure to sign up with me as your beach body coach so that I can help you be successful in your fitness journey. I am a certified personal trainer and is my passion to help people reach their goals. Just enter my beach body coach ID 1339221 When you sign up. You can purchase the base package here or the deluxe package here.
Base PiYo Schedule and strength PiYo schedule
All PIYO calendars are available to download from the blue button below. You can switch between all of the calendars using the tabs as pointed to by the red arrows in the image above. The Download is right below.
The base PiYo workout calendar
The base PiYo workout calendar consists of nine workouts total and is the basic workout program that you should start with. Let’s go over these nine workouts in more depth:
- Align: the fundamentals is a 40 min. workout that teaches you the basic exercises so that you can learn proper form.
- The upper body definition workout is a 20 min. workout that primarily targets your arms, chest and shoulders. If you are not used to doing upper body workouts, it will only take 20 min. to fatigue your muscles.
- The lower body definition workout is a 25 min. program that focuses on your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings and calves.
- The sweats workout is done with a much faster pace then the previous workouts. There is a lot of abdominal exercises combined with cardio. This workout lasts 35 min. and is definitely the workout that tests your body the most.
- The core workout is exactly what you would expect. You get hit with a lot of different oblique and abdominal exercises to strengthen your core and create that flat stomach that we are all looking for. It is a 30 min. workout and will increase the strength imbalance of your core.
- The strength interval workout is a 25 min. workout that this a good full body workout.
- The drench workout lasts 45 min. and is definitely the hardest workout in the PiYo program. It is similar to the sweat workout but 10 min. longer and even more tiring.
- The sculpt workout is 30 min. long and targets various muscle groups at varying tempos.
- The Buns workout is exactly what it sounds like, you will be doing lots of squats and lunges to focus on shaping your buns.
Here is what the base PiYo schedule looks like:
|Week one||Align: The fundamentals||Define: lower body||Define Upper Body||Sweat||Rest||Define|
|Define Upper Body|
|Week two||Sweat||Define Lower Body||Core||Define Upper Body||Rest||Sweat||Core|
|Week three||Define Upper Body||Buns||Core||Define|
|Week four||Sweat||Core or Hardcore on the Floor||Buns||Drench||Rest||Strength Intervals||Sweat|
|Week five||Sculpt||Sweat||Core||Drench||Rest||Buns||Strength Intervals|
Hardcore on the Floor
Hardcore on the Floor
The strength PiYo workout calendar
The strength PiYo schedule has a lot of the same workouts that the base schedule did, with the addition of two accelerated workouts. The two accelerated workouts are called full body blast and strong legs.
- the full body blast workout lasts 30 min. and is exactly how it sounds.. It is a total body workout that combines strength slides (a special piece of workout equipment) to really push your body and teach you some difficult exercises.
- The strong legs workout is a 30 min. workout that also uses the strength slides. You will be doing a lot more lunges and squats. I like the creative exercises for this one and my legs became even more sore than from the lower body definition workout.
Here is what the strength PiYo schedule looks like:
|Week 1||Align: The Fundamentals||Define: Lower Body||Define: Upper Body||Sweat||Rest||Define: Lower Body||Define:Upper Body|
|Week 2||Sweat||Define: Lower Body||Core||Define: Upper Body||Rest||Sweat||Core|
|Week 3||Define:Upper Body||Buns||Core||Strength Intervals||Rest||Sweat||Full Body Blast|
|Week 4||Strength Intervals||Core or Hardcore on the Floor||Full Body Blast||Drench||Rest||Strong Legs||Sweat|
|Week 5||Full Body Blast||Sweat||Core||Drench||Rest||Strong Legs||Sculpt|
|Week 6||Drench||Core or Hardcore on the Floor||Buns||Strength Intervals||Rest||Full Body Blast||Sweat|
|Week 7||Sculpt||Sweat||Core or Hardcore on the Floor||Strong Legs||Rest||Drench||Full Body Blast|
|Week 8||Drench||Buns or Strong Legs||Sweat||Strength|
|Rest||Sculpt or Full Body Blast||Drench|
Sign up and get access to the my custom PiYo workout calendar!
I hope you will get some good use out of these PiYo workout calendars. It is a fantastic workout program that I, as well as many of my clients have gotten great results from. Along with the fantastic workouts, it also comes with a fantastic diet plan so that you can be guaranteed great weight loss results. Make sure to check out my full review on PiYo to learn more about it. If you decide to take the plunge make sure you make me, Tyler Read your beach body coach (coach number 1339221) when you sign up. I’ll make sure you are successful!
Here are the options for purchasing PiYo:
- The base package includes all seven workouts (with two additional workouts), a quick start guide, a 60 day workout calendar and a get lean eating plan.
- The deluxe package includes the same stuff with the addition of strength slides with booties, a deluxe yoga mat, accelerated calendar and a tape measure.
- The last option is the PiYo challenge pack which combines shakeology nutrition with the program.
I hope you all enjoyed my PiYo workout calendar article! Get out there and start working hard to get the body that you deserve!
If you are just interested in more workout program calendars, You might want to check out some of my others such as: 21 day fix extreme calendar, 21 day fix calendar, chalean extreme schedule or country heat calendar.