Hey ladies and gentlemen and welcome to my 21 day fix extreme review. If you are just coming from the original 21 day fix a lot of this will seem familiar to you. If not, then you’ll learn all about what makes the 21 day fix series so popular. By the end of my 21 day fix extreme review you should know whether or not this workout program is right for you.
A little bit about myself: I am a certified personal trainer through NASM, hold a bachelors degree in exercise science and am an active beach body coach! My biggest passion is fitness and helping those around me achieve their health and fitness goals as well.
So what is 21 the day fix extreme? Does 21 day fix extreme work? Is 21 day fix extreme worth it? I will try to answer all of these questions in my 21 day fix extreme review. I will go over all of the basic information on the program as well as the 21 day fix extreme results that you can expect, as well as the number of calories burned from performing the 21 day fix extreme routines. I have so much to talk about in this article so was not waste any time and get right into my 21 day fix extreme review.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is 21 Day Fix Extreme?
- 2 The portion control containers and the eating guides
- 3 Who is the 21 day fix extreme meant for?
- 4 Does 21 Day Fix Extreme work? 21 Day Fix Extreme results!
- 5 21 Day Fix Extreme Calories burned
- 6 Is 21 Day Fix Extreme worth it?
- 7 21 Day Fix Extreme review conclusion, and the 21 Day Fix Extreme price
What is 21 Day Fix Extreme?
Just like the original 21 day fix, they extreme version was created and is instructed by Autumn Calabrese. Compared to the original 21 day fix, Autumn is more intense in this follow-up series. I find her extremely motivating and fun to work out with which is the most important thing for at-home workout programs.
Overall she targets the female audience more than males. That does not mean that you can’t do the workout program if you are a man. In fact I had a fun time and saw good results doing it myself.
The program itself combines a bunch of different exercise disciplines such as resistance training, cardio, Pilates and yoga. Just like the original program, the extreme version last 21 days as well. It comes with two different DVDs with seven workouts they will be cycling through for the 21 days. All of the workouts are approximately 30 min. long (similar to P90x3, T25 and max 30). In terms of the equipment needed, all you need are resistance bands and a yoga mat. You can see the full 21 day fix extreme calendar here to get a better idea of the schedule.
There are three general packages that you can choose from when it comes to the 21 day fix extreme. Feel free to click through the links to find out a little bit more.
- You can get the 21 day fix extreme program from Amazon.com, but remember that I will not become your personal coach compared to if you bought it from the beachbody site using my coach ID! Amazon is a great place to read ton of reviews though.
- The base kit comes with all six of the workouts (and one bonus workout), the portion control eating containers, a get started guide, extreme eating plan guide, countdown to competition guide, 24 hour support and a results or money back guarantee.
- The ultimate package includes everything that the base package does with the addition of two more additional workouts (power strength extreme and ABC extreme), an additional set of portion control containers, and extra-large container to carry your smaller containers as well as a resistance band for the workouts.
- The challenge pack option combines shakeology nutrition with the 21 day fix extreme workouts (highly recommended).
My overall recommendation is to get beachbody on demand challenge pack and get the equipment for the program you would like separately. After the review If you decide to go with the 21 day fix extreme, use one of the links above to make me (a personal trainer) your personal beach body coach. Or if you decide to wait until later, you can still make me Tyler Read your coach by using my Coach ID number:1339221 when you sign up for a free account. Otherwise you will be assigned a random coach that is probably less qualified and might not even contact you. I will make sure that you are successful!
Let’s talk a little bit about the workouts that are included:
- Plyo Fix Extreme: This workout is all based around plyometrics. If there are a lot of jumping exercises combined with resistance training. This can be tough on your knees just to give you the heads-up.
- Upper fix extreme: This workout is all about hitting the upper body. You will ignite your chest, shoulders, arms and back muscles.
- Pilates fix extreme: You will be using your resistance bands a lot in this workout. You also spend a lot of time on the floor so make sure you have a comfortable mat.
- Lower fix extreme: Just like the upper body fix that your arms and shoulders, the lower body includes tons of lunges, squats and variations that will murder your butt and thighs.
- Cardio fix extreme: This is a nonstop workout routine that will guarantee that your soaked in sweat by the end. This one Burns the most calories by far.
- Yoga fix extreme: The yoga fix is kind of a cool down compared to a lot of the other workouts. It is to let your body heal so that if you come back stronger. Flexibility will be the strongest focus in this workout.
- Dirty 30 extreme: This is what Autumn describes as her secret to getting a beach body. You’ll learn seven movements that are more or less total body workouts.
The portion control containers and the eating guides
The portion control containers Very popular during the original 21 day fix. They are now applied to a lot of the newer workout programs from beach body such as Cize and insanity Max 30. They are brilliant because it takes a lot of the work out of diet preparation.
Instead of the old method where you had to weigh out your foods, count your macronutrients in calories, all you need to do now is fill up your containers. The instructions for filling up the containers with the appropriate foods is contained in the eating plan. Here is a breakdown of the Tupperware containers that you receive with 21 day fix extreme.
- An 8 ounce green Tupperware container for vegetables
- An 8 ounce purple Tupperware container for fruits
- An 6 ounce red Tupperware container for your proteins
- An 5.3 ounce yellow container for carbohydrates
- An 2.7 ounce blue container for healthy fats (avocados and oils)
- Two separate 2 ounce orange containers for seeds in dressings
- It also comes with a shakeology cup for using shakeology (which I highly recommend).
The 21 day fix extreme program is designed specifically to work with shakeology. If you are not quite sure what this is check out my full review on it here or my entire article on how it works right here.
Combining the 21 day fix extreme with shakeology nutrition is the best way to see results quickly. Combining both of these is what is called “taking a challenge pack” and is what I recommend. My clients that combine both together see better results than those that don’t.
The general eating plan
The general eating plan is meant for gradual weight loss over the course of the three weeks. This will keep you on track with what types of foods you should be putting in your containers and how to stay on track when you go out.
The countdown to competition eating plan
Of the countdown to competition eating plan is a lot more strict and is Autumn’s personal program that she goes through when she is preparing for a photo shoot or other type of fitness appearance. This diet allows for virtually no cheating and will really test your abilities to stick with clean eating.
The “start here guide”
The get started guide for the 21 day fix extreme is pretty similar to any other get started guide. It teaches you how to get the most out of the program, how to stay safe and how to warm up and cool down properly. Only skip this if you are in good shape or are used to working out.
Who is the 21 day fix extreme meant for?
The 21 day fix extreme is not an easy program and I do not recommend it for beginners just starting out. It is much better to start with the original 21 day fix them to try to jump into the deep end before you can learn how to tread water. It was meant for people to break through difficult plateaus or for people preparing for a fitness competition such as a photo shoot for bikini show. So who is the 21 day fix extreme meant for?
- Anybody that has graduated from the original 21 day fix and would like to challenge themselves further
- Anybody who wants to get more toned and defined for summertime.
- Anybody who has a photo shoot or competition coming up and would like to get in the best shape possible.
- Anybody that has a busy schedule but would like to fit in an extremely challenging workout
Does 21 Day Fix Extreme work? 21 Day Fix Extreme results!
The biggest question I receive is “does the 21 day fix extreme work?”. I think that you can receive better results from this workout program then you could from the original 21 day fix. That is because the workouts are more difficult and you also have the option to take the more challenging diet as well.
I still do not recommend this to any beginner and I highly recommend performing the original 21 day fix before moving on to the extreme version. Once you finish that one, you can see how you feel about graduating to the more challenging routine.
Some of the 21 day fix extreme results that you can expect are to lose weight, tone your muscles, have more energy and be later on your feet. Weight loss will vary from person to person but you can expect to lose between 10 and 15 pounds more or less. The 21 day fix extreme results will vary from person to person but if you stay consistent and follow the diet plan, stay consistent with your workouts and use shakeology, you will definitely see positive results.
21 Day Fix Extreme Calories burned
Since the workouts are approximately 30 min. long for the 21 day fix extreme, the calories burned should be approximately 200 to 400 cal. It all depends on your age, sex, weight and how hard you push yourself during the workouts.
More important than the 21 day fix extreme calories burned is how many calories you consume throughout the day. You need to be in a calorie deficit in order to hit your weight loss goals. I guarantee that if you follow the diet plan with the easy to use portion control containers, you will see great weight loss results. Don’t focus so much on the 21 day fix extreme calories burned!
Is 21 Day Fix Extreme worth it?
So, is the 21 day fix extreme worth it? In my opinion it absolutely is but it depends on what your goals are and what your level of fitness is. If you’re just starting out, you should hop right over to the original 21 day fix. If you are trying to break through a plateau, have a fitness competition for photo shoot coming up, this can push your body to the next level.
The 21 day fix extreme is worth it because of the portion control containers, the meal plan and because it contains plenty of modifiers. Modifiers are people you can follow along with to make the exercises a little bit easier or a little bit harder. The 21 day fix extreme is worth it for diet plan alone if you ask me.
21 Day Fix Extreme review conclusion, and the 21 Day Fix Extreme price
Well this is the end of my 21 day fix extreme review everybody. I hope you learned all about this program and can now decide whether it is right for you or not. It is a fantastic program and you can continue to retake it to get better results. If you are just starting out you should start with something a little bit easier such as PiYo, Turbo fire or the original 21 day fix. If you think that the 21 day fix extreme is right for you, make sure to sign up with me (Tyler Read) as your coach. My coach ID number is: 1339221. Let’s take a look at the 21 day fix extreme price options.
- $59.85 for the 21 day fix Extreme base Kit
Check out the 21 day fix Extreme base kit here
- $119.70 for the 21 day fix Extreme Ultimate kit
Check out the 21 day fix Extreme Ultimate kit here
- $160 for the 21 day fix Extreme challenge pack
Check out the 21 day fix Extreme challenge pack here
Like I tell all of my other clients of personal training, the hardest thing about exercise is is simply getting started! Once you get going it is a lot easier build momentum and reach your goals! Your results will keep you motivated! The worst thing to do is freeze up and not choose a routine. Get Started today so that you can start seeing the results that you desire tomorrow!
The biggest four tips in order to be successful with the 21 day fix extreme!
- Purchase either program with a challenge pack. The clients of mine that go through either program on shakeology see significantly better results than those who don’t.
- Get beach body on demand instead of DVD packages. If I had this when I first started using P90x it would’ve saved me so much money overall over the last 12 years. No more worrying about scratched DVDs or bringing DVDs with you. Also, most people don’t know which program to start out with (and frequently choose the wrong one), You have access to all of them with beachbody on demand! You have to purchase the equipment for the program separately.
- If you want to wait before you purchase 21 day fix extreme, at least sign up for a free team beach body membership so that you can get community support, schedule and a lot your workouts as well as track your progress. You will still get all of the benefits of having your own personal coach for free! Make sure to sign up with me Tyler Read as your coach (and certified personal trainer) otherwise you will get assigned a random coach that is probably not as qualified, and might not even contact you. My coach ID is 1339221. I will help you on your reach your goals and provide great motivation! Here is a link to the free account.
If you like this 21 day fix extreme review you might also like some of my comparison articles such as: 21 day fix vs extreme, P90X vs P90X3, P90X vs insanity or Body beast vs Hammer and chisel. Enjoy!